Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Now It's Easy Being Green

The city brought us our green wheelie bins today.

Green Wheelie Bin
Inside there was a kitchen bin.

Kitchen Bin
And beneath that, lots of paper bags.

Paper Bags

6 comments:

MariaJ said...

Haa now you got it!
By the way I found a blog which you might be interested... You'll find a short conversation of Scandinavian potteries. Have a look.
http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2006/10/index.html

Alison said...

OOhhhhh....nice and clean. I wish mine looked like that! I don't use the one for the house. Instead I use empty cereal boxes etc. It helps to eliminate the smell and it means there is one less thing to wash out.

Anonymous said...

That is a beauty. Lots of incentive to recycle. We don't have city trash collection here. It is either pay for private collection or take it to the transfer station yourself--we do the latter. Nice to look at a squeaky clean new bin!

TraceyF said...

I see you've been caught with the green bin. those bagscherish them, they are 5$ for 5.. I am not participatingin this any longer asI had to call back the waste services 6 times this year to because they forgot to empty my bin. I hope yours is much better

Kerri said...

Looks like a good way to spend the taxpayers' money. I'll be interested to hear how it goes. But, will you use it much.....because you compost?

Philosophical Karen said...

It's a pilot program and it only just started, but I am not noticing that we are using it much yet. (Just a lot of kleenex so far, since my son has a cold.) Then again, I haven't been cooking too many big meals lately. I'm not sure how long it will take to figure out how effective it is. For people who don't compost (and let's face it, that's the majority) it would probably be more useful.