Every day my garden changes. I record the changes photographically, but now I want to keep a journal. This is my journal.
Monday, October 09, 2006
Autumn Garden
Here are photos of the autumn garden. The thornless honey locust and the magnolia in the front yard have yellowing leaves, and everything else is looking really raggedy. It's (a bit past) time to clear out the containers.
Rudbeckia Hirta
Shelf Rock Planters
Raggedy Container
Magnolia and Burning Bush Euonymous
And in the backyard, the new Japanese Anemone is still blooming, despite the long deep shadows and crisp autumn nights.
Lucky you to have Japanese Anemone! Your container still looks pretty, even if a bit raggedy. The rudbeckias sure give a long season of color. Mine are still going, some raggedy, some not. We finally had a killing frost on Friday night, but some plants survived. I'll be doing some tidying up in the gardens today. We only stayed 2 days at the craft show, so I have a day off and the sunshine is glorious. What a blessing!
Hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving weekend. Your autumn photos are so pretty. That rudbeckia hirta seems to be the same the one I posted some days ago...?? I really like this autumn colours, your last photos is my favourite one. Unfortunately, there seems to be a blogging problems as your photo of "Raggedy Container" is not displayed, there's just a red cross on my screen... ;-((
I am having the same type of problem seeing many of the Blogger hosted photos. As sort of a solution I find that if I refresh the page a few times, sometimes a different photo will be X'd out and you can see one that didn't show up before.
It's not a perfect solution. I guess this is why I usually use Flickr to host my photos. Sigh.
Even raggedy, your garden is beautiful and thanks for sharing it. Here in New Orleans we are just starting our fall season for 4" color. I have snaps, petunias and zinnias that will go in the ground tomorrow.
Beautiful autumn pictures Karen, especially the last one with the long shadows! I've just read your comment on Nature Girls blog, is that true that you are having an "Oktoberfest", like the Germans do in Munich(Bavaria)?
Gemütlichkeit! Ein Prosit! Oktoberfest ist wunderbar!
Yes, Kitchener (formerly called Berlin, as I have said before) has a big Oktoberfest celebration that attracts many tourists. The parade was yesterday, but we didn't go and see it.
What gorgeous pictures as always! We have no good Oktoberfests in October here (only in September, go figure) but I did enjoy a very good Imperial Oktoberfest beer last week. :)
Bei dir ist ja schon richtig Herbst. Bei uns ist es noch schön warm und die Sonne scheint jeden Tag. Da mag man noch gar nicht daran denken dass bald alles grau und kahl ist
10 comments:
Lucky you to have Japanese Anemone!
Your container still looks pretty, even if a bit raggedy. The rudbeckias sure give a long season of color. Mine are still going, some raggedy, some not. We finally had a killing frost on Friday night, but some plants survived.
I'll be doing some tidying up in the gardens today.
We only stayed 2 days at the craft show, so I have a day off and the sunshine is glorious. What a blessing!
Hope you enjoyed your thanksgiving weekend. Your autumn photos are so pretty. That rudbeckia hirta seems to be the same the one I posted some days ago...?? I really like this autumn colours, your last photos is my favourite one. Unfortunately, there seems to be a blogging problems as your photo of "Raggedy Container" is not displayed, there's just a red cross on my screen... ;-((
I am having the same type of problem seeing many of the Blogger hosted photos. As sort of a solution I find that if I refresh the page a few times, sometimes a different photo will be X'd out and you can see one that didn't show up before.
It's not a perfect solution. I guess this is why I usually use Flickr to host my photos. Sigh.
Getting ready for the big sleep. The thought of it is even peaceful.
Even raggedy, your garden is beautiful and thanks for sharing it. Here in New Orleans we are just starting our fall season for 4" color. I have snaps, petunias and zinnias that will go in the ground tomorrow.
Jan Golfield, the pondlady
Beautiful autumn pictures Karen, especially the last one with the long shadows! I've just read your comment on Nature Girls blog, is that true that you are having an "Oktoberfest", like the Germans do in Munich(Bavaria)?
Gemütlichkeit! Ein Prosit! Oktoberfest ist wunderbar!
Yes, Kitchener (formerly called Berlin, as I have said before) has a big Oktoberfest celebration that attracts many tourists. The parade was yesterday, but we didn't go and see it.
Wikipedia article
Official site
What, I hear Oktoberfest? Prost, Prost, Karen!
Today we have a lot of sunshine.
The rudbeckia hirta is a good plant in the garden.
I have also Rudbeckia as an bienial, it flowers for a long time!
sigrun
What gorgeous pictures as always! We have no good Oktoberfests in October here (only in September, go figure) but I did enjoy a very good Imperial Oktoberfest beer last week. :)
Bei dir ist ja schon richtig Herbst. Bei uns ist es noch schön warm und die Sonne scheint jeden Tag. Da mag man noch gar nicht daran denken dass bald alles grau und kahl ist
Post a Comment