New Bed Planted, Part 1

The large green plant in the centre is a Japanese Anemone. Going clockwise around it from top left: Blue Fescue (Festuca glauca), an unknown late-flowering Stonecrop (almost invisible behind the anemone), 'Nile Crane' Daylily, Creeping Juniper (Juniperus horizontalis 'Icee Blue'), 'Ankums Pride' Cranesbill, and 'Cappucino' Heuchera.
New Bed Planted, Part 2

To the right of the daylily (the same 'Nile Crane' from the previous photo) is a variegated sedum I'm assuming is 'Frosty Morn' based on Zoey's post about hers, and another unknown heuchera that's been moved around so much I don't know which one it is any more. (I have way more heuchera in my collection than I have tags for, so I've never been able to properly identify all the ones I have anyway.)
Now, here is a good wide view of the end result.
A Good Wide View

Here is a view looking east. You can see the relatively large expanse of ordinary mulch that is still there, which is where a pond will go if we decide to install one next spring. I find that the fence is looking very plain right now, and I will work on decorating it next year, either with a garden plaque, a metal sculpture, or an old window frame (perhaps with mirrored glass in it).
Looking East at the New Garden Bed

I almost moved my variegated coreopsis from under the maple into the new bed, but the main reason I didn't is because I like where it sits now, among the heuchera and in front of the 'Purple Knockout' sage. It's a very photogenic little flower.
No More Photos Like This One if I Moved the Coreopsis

All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
In an upcoming post I will talk about my backyard landscape design and how the original flagstone "stepping stone" pathway (the one I have just extended) came to exist in the first place. (Just like the current extension, it was not part of the original plan.)
6 comments:
Karen everytime I see your garden I am in awe. I hope one day to be able to creat such a refuge, but I first have to get the property.
Now I can see how what you did the other day fits in with the rest of your garden, it all looks very nice. We have some Japanese Anemone here, they grow quite tall and flower late which is good for Autumn colour.
Oh how gorgeous, Karen! I'm so jealous that your "new" part already looks so good and well-settled-in. I keep studying your blogs for tips so I can get there "someday"... :)
BSTS, my mom planted those anemone bulbs and I don't think they are the same thing as Japanese anemone, though they are in the same family. There is some information here.
Your garden is wonderful. I need to catch up on all your posts, but now it's late....again! So I'll come back after the weekend and read more. I'm going away to work at a craft show. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
I like spontaneous plans! The "good wide view" looks fabulous and I can imgaine it will look even better next fall when your new plants have had time to grow and bloom! Well done! So where have you planned to put a pond? Into the down right corner?
Post a Comment