Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Well, I promised a few people I would show some Halloween decorations, so here they are. First we have the doorway that the kids approach to get their candy:

My Scary House This Halloween

My "Harry Potter" sign doesn't show, nor my blinking pumpkin lights (they happened to blink off when I snapped the photo). What you do see is our two carved pumpkins, Frankie and Froggy, and the fake pumpkin lamp on top of the table.

When the kids come to the door, they have to pass a motion-detecting plaque (not shown) that has a green-skinned vampire on it who wakes up and sings "Wild Thing". It is very funny for the older kids, but the little ones sometimes get scared.

Here are close-ups of Frankie and Froggy (Frankie has a blue light in him, while Froggy has a regular candle):

Frankie Pumpkin

Froggy Pumpkin

We bought a pumpkin carving kit that included the cut-out patterns, and the stick-in plastic eyes. If you would like an idea of what the eyes look like when they are not in the pumpkin, here they are being modelled by a willing participant:

Smiling Halloween Eyes
All photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com. If you want to use them, you must credit this web site.

7 comments:

Anita said...

Looks like you had lots of fun yesterday! How many trick and treaters did you scare?

Boxwood Cottage said...

Hope you've had a fun halloween night Karen, great pumpkins!

Alison said...

Fabulous pumpkins!!!!!

We made the older kids sing and they actually did... I think they enjoyed it as much as we did!

Philosophical Karen said...

Ours is a small, quiet street, so we get a lot of little ones early in the night. But the older kids want to get plenty of candy, so they go to the next street over which has many more houses.

I remember being made to sing when I was a child, and it was fun.

MariaJ said...

Hey...looks so scaring great! Have to grow some own pumpkins next year (besides those one youve seen on my blog were just plastic)

David (Snappy) said...

Fantastic pumpkins, esp the froggy one.I will have to do one next year..

Diana LaMarre said...

How cute! You really decorated a lot for the holiday. Frankie and Froggie look like they took a bit of work.
I did no decorating. I only had three T or Tr's, so it's hardly worth it.