Stood. Stock. Still.
But they let me fish my iPhone out of my back pocket and fiddle with the camera control until I managed to snap these photos. Unfortunately, the frog one is kind of out of focus, because the iPhone camera doesn't do close ups very well. (Is it a frog? It might be a toad.)

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Luckily the rabbit was at a distance, chomping on dandelions on my little patch of "grass" next to the front garden bed.

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
If we had a perfect lawn with no weeds, the rabbit wouldn't have been there for me to take a photo of.
Okay, so cancel that call to the Weed Man I was going to make.
--
For more on garden creatures, check out some of these historical posts:
Jackrabbit
A Family of Skunks
A Cute Little Green Frog
A Hawk
Another Cute Frog
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
2 comments:
Awe, the bunny is kind of cute. Do you try to keep the critters away, or is it not that much of a problem? (I see you don't have any fencing or anything) If my garden weren't fenced, it would be fair game for the groundhogs (those greedy little buggers!)...as it is, I have to do battle with them trying to burrow underground to get at my plants.
The backyard is fenced. We cover up open shelter like under the shed and deck to discourage animals (like skunks) from nesting there, but other than that we like having wildlife around. Then again, I am not a vegetable gardener, so that might make a difference.
Post a Comment