Turkenlouis Stalk

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Another ordinary poppy that just bloomed is now a wreck, without my having a chance to photograph it in its glory.
Ordinary Orange Poppy in Disarray

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
And the lovely white poppy! Well, it's still around, but I didn't get to photograph it at its best either. I had to lift it off the ground (where it provided shelter to snails) to get this photo.
White Poppy with Snails

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
But if the poppies were adversely affected by the rain, not everything was. The 'Honey Baby' honeysuckle nestled in amongst the poppies is just starting to bloom with its yellowish-white flowers.

And here is one of the containers where lamium and pansies are thriving, regardless of rainstorms.
Lamium and Pansies

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Speaking of honeysuckle, the Harlequin honeysuckle has reached critical mass in the side garden. Here is a photo showing it with Hollywood heuchera and plantaginea hosta in the background.
Harlequin Honeysuckle Side View

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
'Johnson's Blue' hardy geranium lost a few petals, but is otherwise unharmed by the heavy rainfall.
Johnson's Blue Hardy Geranium

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
My earliest blooming daylily, 'Little Red Spring Song', barely registered the rain.
'Little Red Spring Song'

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Remember a while ago I said I like surprises in the garden? Well here is another very pleasant one:
Unknown Iris

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
I have no idea when I got this iris (although I'm guessing it was probably last year or the year before), or what variety it might be. It just bloomed in my garden today. I am not complaining. It is certainly beautiful.
And with that surprising find, I will leave you.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment