Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Sunshine

I can't help it; I just have to keep posting.

A new poppy bloomed today, right beside the purple one. They look great together.

Two Poppies

Poppies
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And one of the new irises I bought at Canning Perennials just bloomed. It's still in the pot. I have a tentative plan for my tall irises. My husband is clearing out a few trees in the back along the fence, so I have some room opening up. I think I will move all my tall irises into that space.

New Iris

New Iris, Longer View
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

This morning as I was enjoying the beautiful light in the garden, I was joined by a chipmunk scurrying about by the Camperdown elm.

Chipmunk Under the Elm

Chipmunk and Buddha Statue
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Ostensibly, the next photo showing the morning light in the garden is to document that the 'Johnson's Blue' hardy geranium (bottom left) got its first blooms today. But really you know it's yet another gratuitous picture of the beautiful sunshine, which reached 30 degrees Celsius today. That's about 86 degrees Fahrenheit.

'Johnson's Blue' and Morning Light

Morning Light (Again)
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And now the Harlequin honeysuckle is really starting to bloom on the lattice wall (which desperately needs its paint refreshed this year).

Honeysuckle on Lattice Wall

Honeysuckle Lattice
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And with that, I will leave you.

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

Gardening said...

Wow! I mean, a big Wow! you know, in your previous post I was dreaming of that li'l purple Poppy, and now that red poppy has added more beauty in your garden. These two are enough to sooth eyes and soul.

Anonymous said...

Simply Magnificent!! Cheers

CommonWeeder said...

I love poppies and your combo is fantastic.