Saturday, May 29, 2010

Poppies, Etc.

This is kind of a random post, mostly poppies and a couple of other photos.

Today my purple poppy bloomed. I suspect it is a 'Patty's Plum' that has always come out a very light purple, instead of the dark purple that is usual for that variety. (Maybe it got crossed with a white poppy. I don't know. But my label says 'Patty's Plum'.)

Pretty Purple Poppy

'Patty's Plum' Poppy
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

My first 'Allegro' poppy has already gone, but two little ones opened up in its place. They are just starting to get white edges on their petals.

'Allegro' Poppies

'Allegro' Poppies, Edges Turning White
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

'Turkenlouis' sort of closes up at night, but still adds its incredible crimson colour to the garden.

'Turkenlouis' Poppy Closes Up for the Evening

'Turkenlouis' Poppy, Looking On
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

This is another large poppy that is about to bloom. I am not sure what colour it will be. It looks pretty close to orange, but that could be a trick of the camera. I also have candy floss pink poppies that have yet to bloom, so maybe this is one of them.

Unknown Poppy About to Bloom

About to Bloom
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

As colourful as the poppies, but located in the back garden in the daylily bed, are these 'Little Red Spring Song' daylilies. I have blogged them before, but I thought these four flowers were putting on a great show this evening.

Four 'Little Red Spring Song' Daylilies

Four 'Little Red Spring Song' Daylilies
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Now, I have many times shown views of the morning light in the garden. But equally pleasing is the evening light. So here is a gratuitous photo of the long rays of the setting sun in the west-facing side garden.

Evening Light in the Side Garden

Evening Light in the Garden
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And with that, I will leave you.


...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

No comments: