I am pleased to note that the frog has returned, even though he (she?) disappeared for a while. I didn't take any more photos, though. How many photos do you need to see of a sleeping frog -- albeit a very cute sleeping frog. I might even be willing to kiss it if I thought it would turn ME into a princess. (I don't need another Prince Charming, as it happens.)
EDIT:
Okay, I relented. I will let sleeping frogs lie, but if they are awake, anything goes. Here is a photo of our garden guy.
Froggy

But I digress...
I haven't yet shown the plastic urn planter in its full glory.
Black Plastic Urn Planter

One of the few good things that can be said about dull, cloudy weather is that it makes good light for photographs. Here is a closeup of some of the African daisies in this planter.
African Daisies

Another thing I mentioned in the last post was waiting for 'Samobor' to bloom. Well, here it is. (The flowers are quite tiny, and they point downwards, but I managed to get one decent photo -- larger than life by the time I cropped in close enough.)
Hardy Geranium 'Samobor'

I also have a picture of 'Elizabeth Ann', which is blooming nicely. I love this plant for its bronze-coloured, deep-lobed foliage, and its delicate flowers with petals that curl under, like decoupage.
Hardy Geranium 'Elizabeth Ann'

In the last post, I showed the first bloom on my Lewisia plants. My second Lewisia has bloomed. This one is 'Regenbogen' ('Rainbow' in English).
Lewisia Cotyledon 'Regenbogen'

This year I have a third Lewisia, 'Little Plum', bought at Wal-Mart (!). I am hoping the flowers are similar to what is shown on the label, a sort of white-edged mauve. Of course, I don't have any flowers on the third plant yet, or even buds, so I will finish off with a photo of the Lewisia that bloomed first.
Lewisia Cotyledon

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.
4 comments:
I love the camouflage coloured frog. When I first saw it on your post a few days ago, I thought it was a rock you had painted.
Your lewisia are looking good, and quite a find at Walmart. May all your flowers bloom true to their labels.
Karen your garden is so filled with color and your frog is a beautiful welcome to your garden..a sign that all is a healthy enviroment!
Frogs are falling vitim to habitat loss pollution and disease so I cheer for any frogs that I might see!
Your frog has found a healthy home!
oh! a frog in camouflage! pretty one.
Excellent photos! The frog is stunning....it will bring you luck ;-) !! And I never saw such African Daisies, perfect form, indeed a beautiful plant.
Post a Comment