Anyway, take a look at these photos, because today's post is all about the bokeh.
First, even without any bokeh these two 'Grecian Gown' daylilies (you may recall that they were trying to bloom yesterday, but didn't open until today) would be glamorous, with all those lovely ruffles.
Grecian Gown

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
Also one of my favourite daylilies, 'Lavender Rainbow' bloomed today for the first time this year. This one has the most beautiful eyezone, with colours that blend in a watermark. Oh, and look at that distorted light effect in the background. Beautiful bokeh.
Lavender Rainbow

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
The other new daylily bloom today was a miniature double called 'Mini Might'. The first few flowers don't tend to be full doubles, but there is usually an extra petal curled in the centre just to remind us that this plant deserves it designation as a double daylily.
Mini Might

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
And speaking of double flowers, I picked up this double petunia at a local garden centre when I was shopping for container plants. It was half-dead in its pot, the last one of its variety available. But I knew I could nurse it back, so I bought it anyway, and now it is rewarding me with these beautiful flowers.
Unknown Double Petunia

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
(Yes, that is my hand there, showing up larger than life on your screen.)
And now we are onto true Hollywood glamour -- 'Hollywood' heuchera, that is. One of my absolute favourites for its beautiful cherry-pink flowers.
'Hollywood' Heuchera

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
And finally, to finish up, a shot of some 'Splish Splash' hardy geranium flowers. All my hardy geraniums are doing really well this year (some of them a little too well. Just a warning about the variety 'Ankums Pride' -- it's beautiful, but it will take over your garden if you let it.)
Anyway, here is 'Splish Splash', a much more well-behaved variety (so far).
'Splish Splash' Hardy Geranium

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved
So that's it for today's bokeh post. I am not sure what tomorrow will bring.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
3 comments:
It looks like you're getting photographic and botanical therapies over there. Nice photographs! I like heucheras with pretty flowers like that pink one. Most of the new ones only have good foliage, with neglected flowers, in my opinion.
I don't mind the photos of gardens a little 'gone to seed'. It can teach so much about how a garden might look with a lazy gardener like myself. I am not getting any younger and I take care of my 37 year old severely retarded daughter so I don't get as much time in the yard as I would like. Lately my knee has been out of place and a dicey hip has made things even harder. But even without gardening you can give us a tour around your yard and give us a good view of how things go when they are not being tended. I am always interested in how plants would look if I did not get to them for a few months. This is also a good time to look at your yard and figure out what goes well with 'lazy gardening' as we all get older.
Lovely shots once again - I learnt a new word "Bokeh" today. Thanks :)
Post a Comment