Thursday, July 23, 2009

Daylilies and More

After yesterday's post on white daylilies, wouldn't you know, Sunday Gloves would bloom today.

Sunday Gloves

'Sunday Gloves' First Bloom 23/07/09
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

At first glance it is very similar to Ice Carnival, except perhaps slightly more ruffled. Because of a rainstorm this morning, the more substantial daylilies are covered in raindrops.

The less sturdy ones have melted away. That's why I am not showing the photo of Alaqua, which bloomed today for the first time. It is an exact twin of Sabine Baur, so I think what I bought was actually a mislabelled plant. I still maintain the separate names, though I'm not sure why.

The remaining first bloom today is Daring Deception, which, growing under the Camperdown Elm tree, was a bit more sheltered from the pelting rain, though it could not escape its own slight deformity.

Daring Deception

'Daring Deception' First Bloom 23/07/09
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And because not everything in my garden is a daylily, I have a couple of other photos. For example, the echinacea are just starting to bloom now.

Echinacea

Echinacea
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And here is another pretty sunflower that's growing from birdseed left behind to sprout and grow.

Sunflower

Sunflower
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Jane O' said...

Your photography is gorgeous. Love the Echinacea shot!!