Friday, July 17, 2009

All the Pretty Ones

Only one new daylily today: Pandora's Box.

But I am going to include some examples of daylilies I have shown before, to flesh out the post. For example, Always Afternoon got beaten up by rain when it first bloomed. Today, however, I managed to get a great photo of a near-perfect flower. I think the plant deserves to be seen at its best.

First, however, I will unleash Pandora's Box.

Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box First Bloom 17/07/09
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Now, here is that great example of Always Afternoon I was talking about.

Always Afternoon

Always Afternoon
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And because the daylily called Tuesday is so new (registered 2003) and so beautiful, I'm going to include a shot of it, "just because".

Tuesday

'Tuesday' Close Up
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Oh, and here is a Strawberry Candy that turned out particularly nice, with a lot of pink in the petals, instead of being more orangey like it usually is.

Strawberry Candy

Strawberry Candy
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

No comments: