Monday, June 26, 2006

Watering and Waiting for Daylilies

We are under a watering ban in our city. There are only certain days when it's okay to use the sprinkler. That's why my garden is well mulched, receives partial shade in most areas, and is full of drought-tolerant plants. Back from a week away (and no rain) the garden was still in pretty good shape. I did have to water the pesky blue poppy, but once I did that it perked up considerably. Oh, and one of my 'Palace Purple' heuchera is looking very wilted and did not respond to watering. I will have to see if it recovers or gets worse over time.

There is nothing much happening in the garden right now. I'm just waiting for the next daylilies to bloom. There are now too many to mention by name that will be blooming over the next couple of weeks. I am excited at the thought of seeing the flowers on new varieties that I planted late last year and early this year. I am also hoping 'Scatterbrain' will bloom for me this year, since it didn't in 2005.

There is not much new to photograph right now. Just a variegated coreopsis bloom, which makes an appearance in the photos below. Everything else is just repetition.


Heuchera, Blue Bowl, and Stachys

Maple Garden with Stachys

'Velvet Night' Heuchera and Silene 'Richard Moore' Campion

Heuchera and Campion

Echeveria

Echeveria

Colourful 'Wizard Mix' Coleus

Colourful Coleus

Lamb's Ears (Stachys), Blooming

Stachys

Variegated Coreopsis (single yellow bloom) and Hemerocallis 'Lavender Rainbow' (waiting to bloom)

Blue Bowl

Hollywood and Vine
(that's 'Hollywood' Heuchera and a Honeysuckle vine)


Hollywood and Vine

Garden View with Birdbath

Garden with Birdbath
All photographs belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely colors!

Alison said...

It looks as though you are surrounded by a forest, not a neghborhood. What a retreat!

Sigruns German Garden said...

Oh, such a lot of photos! Wonderful, and I see a daylilly, but not in bloom.
In the moment my daylillys beginn to flower!

Sigrun

Proud Mum said...

hmmm, your Hollywood and Vine is in much better shape than the one out here!

MariaJ said...

I found your blog accidentally. Such a beautiful garden and such elements I love, decorative and colourful leaves...and stone...etc. I have to add you to my favourites. I'm from Scandinavia, Finland, Northern-Europe. Enjoy your summer!

David (Snappy) said...

there is plenty of gorgeous foliage and shrubs to keep your eyes occupied.Lovely photos.Hope you enjoy it untill the daylillies bloom.

roybe said...

I love your landscaping , great combinations of plants and colours, very pleasing to the eye.