Inspired by your posts I wanted to buy some sempervivum plants which turned out to be a hard mission. They seem to be very popular here. But finally I made it!:)
I love your garden and I'm happy to see your rain barrels in a few of your excellent photographs. I've been researching rain barrels for my yard and I was wondering how much water you're actually collecting?
Wonderful! I recently saw in a gardening magazine how to make a sempervivium turtle topiary. It was really wonderful. Unfortunately, I don't know of a good gardening store that carries many varieties of sempervivium.
Your cone flowers are blooming already? Wow! Your photos are gorgeous. The heuchera leaves against the hostas make a wonderful contrast. Love that Lewisia too. What a color! Thanks for visiting! I actually meant I like the height of the alium. All my iris seem to be quite tall, although the purple aren't as tall as the later ones that are just beginning to bloom. Maybe they are the mid-size. They multiply like mad and I'd gladly share some with you if you were closer :) Interesting post about the rain barrells. We certainly have no shortage of water at the moment!! Are you getting all this rain?
I bought a 'Kim's Knee-High' echinacea at the garden centre specifically to put in a container for the summer. (I'll transfer it to the garden in fall.) I imagine it has been grown in a greenhouse and so is blooming early.
We've been getting just enough rain over the last little while that we don't feel overwhelmed by it, although it has gone quite a bit cooler in the past day or so.
9 comments:
Inspired by your posts I wanted to buy some sempervivum plants which turned out to be a hard mission. They seem to be very popular here. But finally I made it!:)
I love that first picture; the colour, composition and focus are just perfect! I don't know what else to say.
I love your garden and I'm happy to see your rain barrels in a few of your excellent photographs. I've been researching rain barrels for my yard and I was wondering how much water you're actually collecting?
Wonderful! I recently saw in a gardening magazine how to make a sempervivium turtle topiary. It was really wonderful. Unfortunately, I don't know of a good gardening store that carries many varieties of sempervivium.
The photos are fabulous, so vibrant with colours!I love the fairy in a dish, hostas, and i think its a heuchera with purpleish leafs.
Your cone flowers are blooming already? Wow! Your photos are gorgeous. The heuchera leaves against the hostas make a wonderful contrast. Love that Lewisia too. What a color!
Thanks for visiting! I actually meant I like the height of the alium. All my iris seem to be quite tall, although the purple aren't as tall as the later ones that are just beginning to bloom. Maybe they are the mid-size. They multiply like mad and I'd gladly share some with you if you were closer :)
Interesting post about the rain barrells. We certainly have no shortage of water at the moment!! Are you getting all this rain?
I bought a 'Kim's Knee-High' echinacea at the garden centre specifically to put in a container for the summer. (I'll transfer it to the garden in fall.) I imagine it has been grown in a greenhouse and so is blooming early.
We've been getting just enough rain over the last little while that we don't feel overwhelmed by it, although it has gone quite a bit cooler in the past day or so.
Karen, wonderful photos. The rose season is open now, also in your garden?
Sigrun
Oh, Sigrun. I don't grow any roses in my garden. I don't really like them.
(Slinking away now.)
Post a Comment