Thursday, June 15, 2006

Last Year's Daylilies

I'll be taking a break from the gardening blog for a little over a week, since we are going on a short trip to a place not known for its lush greenery.

When I return I hope to post pictures of 'Moonglow' and other actual blooms in the garden. I don't know exactly how the containers will fare (my mom will come by and water them a couple of times for me). So long as we don't get a long hot spell, they should be okay.

Just to have something to post, here are some more pictures of daylilies from last year.

'Bonanza'
(a very late bloomer in my garden, August 2005)

Bonanza

'Lavender Rainbow'
(one of my personal favourites, July 2005)

Daylily 'Lavender Rainbow'

'My Hope'
(scented, yellowish pink flowers all summer long, July 2005)

Daylily 'My Hope'

'Snowy Eyes'
(very showy, smaller flowers, lots of blooms, July 2005)

Daylily 'Snowy Eyes'

'Sweet Hot Chocolate'
(my first dark daylily, planted June 2004; photo taken July 2005)

Daylily 'Sweet Hot Chocolate'
All photographs belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

10 comments:

Glenda Palm said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glenda Palm said...

Uh oh, didn't mean to take that out.

Here's what it said:

'Have a great trip, your garden is beautiful, come back soon!'

Carrie

Alison said...

Wonderful variety. I have told my friend she must get a few of those.....

Philosophical Karen said...

BSTS, it's still quite early to look for buds on most daylilies, so don't write off those other two just yet.

Robin said...

Lavender Rainbow and Snowy Eyes are just stunning. Have a great trip!

Diana LaMarre said...

The center of Sweet hot chocolate is so intense it looks like a burning fire in there. Just beautiful.

Have a nice trip.

Dianne said...

Gorgeous! I love these beauties.

Anonymous said...

Mine haven't bloomed yet. Tiger and day.

Sigruns German Garden said...

Bonanza is a late blommer in your garden? Than you are a lot earlier as I in Germany. You have wonderful Daylillys, I waite each day of the blooms of mine.
The first is a yellow one and curls, but it is schocking yellow, not apricot. Brrr.

Sigrun

Philosophical Karen said...

Sigrun, the pictures are from 2005. I have no daylilies blooming in my garden yet. ;-)