Monday, June 28, 2010

A Few More

Well, daylily season is underway, so I'm hoping for frequent posts from this point forward.

First, the first blooms: Bela Lugosi, Luxury Lace, and Mini Might.

Bela Lugosi

'Bela Lugosi' First Bloom 28/06/10
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Luxury Lace

'Luxury Lace' First Bloom 28/06/10
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Mini Might

'Mini Might' First Bloom 28/06/10
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

But the photography bug has gotten into me and there are a few more photos I want to post. First, a delicate little heuchera that blossomed recently.

Heuchera Blossoms

Pretty Little Heuchera Flowers
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And this bud on one of my 'White Swan' echinaceas in the front garden. I just love these buds before the straggly petals start to emerge. There's something about the green-on-green and the spiky texture that I find very photogenic.

'White Swan' Echinacea Bud

White Swan Echinacea Bud
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And speaking of photogenic, yesterday's Lavender Rainbow flowers may have been the first blooms, but today's flower is such a beautiful example, it's worth another look.

Today's Lavender Rainbow

A Beautiful 'Lavender Rainbow'
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And so it goes, from now until mid-August or so. Lots of daylilies, with a few other flowers interspersed between.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've got amazing photos of amazing flowers!