It's tulip time!
I like to stick to a specific colour scheme for my tulips, which is cream and purple (all shades, from pinkish-mauve to almost black). Here are some examples.
Zurel Tulips

Two Shirleys and a Black Parrot

Jackpot!

Two 'Ballade' Tulips

A Pair of 'Raika' Tulips

Closeup of a 'Zurel' Tulip

An Unexpected Orange Tulip

What Happened to My Colour Scheme?

These Flowers Are Not Fitting In

Solving the Problem

Waiting for the Vase

Tulips in a Vase

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
Yes, I solved the colour scheme problem by cutting all the orange-yellow tulips and displaying them inside in a vase.
11 comments:
I love the Ballade Tulips.But they are all beyond beautiful.
Maybe this year I will have tulips in my yard. How do you plant them?
In rows and a deigned pattern or throw on the tulip bed or lawn and plant where they lay.
Curtis, having done this for a few years now using my own trial-and-error methods rather than following expert advice, I prefer planting in clumps rather than scattered. (If I'd gone with the expert advice to start, I probably would have ended up with clumps much sooner.)
The best thing I have learned from trial-and-error is to pay careful attention to the height information on the packaging. Some tulip varieties are taller than others and a haphazard mixture of heights is distracting, especially if you end up with a mixed clump of short and tall tulips, with the short ones in the middle.
Yours of course are stunning. I would just like to have mine blooming!
Tulips are so beautiful. And I seem to have just the same kind of designing error. Orange tulips in the midle of white and purples? I think I also solve the problem your way :)
I never tire of seeing tulips and yours are lovely. Great pictures!
I love your tulips.Its like an artists pallette with all the delicious colours.My fav one is the black parrot.No wander the dutch went mad for tulips in the 17th century stockmarkets!You take lovely photos :)
Just beautiful!
Colours, colours, colours...
Joy! (:
I absolutely love your blog, and the stunning photography! (mine is more on, erm, crafts). Thanks for sharing all those pictures, they're very inspiring and a sight for eyes sore or not.
Happy Mother's Day!
(I love that your whole backyard is a bouquet in bloom in time for Mother's Day.)
My blog address has changed. To http://growthumbs.blogspot.com/ Now it's called Growing Thumbs Gardens. I have moved here for several reasons.
Happy Mothers Day!
Post a Comment