Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spring Photos

Just as it was last year, this blog is about the garden photos. I've tried to get a bit more of the variety in my garden, which changes from day to day. The daffodils are out in full force, and the tulips are just starting. There won't be any magnolia photos from my garden this year, although I have seen other people's trees that are blooming.

Tulips in Evening Light

It's a Blooming Tulip Party!

Newly Blooming Double Daffodil

Double Daffodil

Pretty Pink Daffodil

Pink Daffodil

I've got some interesting purples in the garden right now. My mom had pulled some bulbs out of her garden and was about to throw them away, so I took them home and planted them in my garden. I'm not sure exactly what they are, but I think they are a type of fritillaria.

I Think These Are Fritillaria?

Flowers from Bulbs I Got from My Mother

Close Up of the Flowers

Closeup (Fritillaria?)

Right next to these is a hosta that is just starting to sprout. I like the little purple jackets on the leaves, and how they come up in a circle.

Hosta Sprouts

And still on the purple theme, here are those purple hyacinths with a background of 'Saybrook Gold' juniper.

Hyacinth and Gold Juniper

Oh, and some photos showing the life cycle of a pasque flower.

Bud

Purple Pasque Flower Bud

Bloom

Fringed Pasque Flower in Bloom

Spent Bloom

Pasque Flower Spent Bloom

Finally, another view of my favourite spring garden bed.

Spring Garden Bed
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.

5 comments:

Annie in Austin said...

Your favorite garden bed for spring is lovely, Karen. I like the way the tree branches lean down, almost as if the tree were sheltering the daffodils and new spring growth.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures--I like that double daff, if only for the great orange detail around the very center. And your fritillaries (you're right about those) look like my fritillaries! I posted a pic of mine a few weeks ago, but I don't know how to put a link in the comments.

Anonymous said...

Great pics - you're going to find that your climbing hydrangea is going to "eat" that small fence and trellis once it starts to grow. :-) A great problem to have...

Philosophical Karen said...

Hey, thanks for commenting Doug. The trellis is just a scrap of lattice left over from a project. It is more ornamental than functional. I would be delighted if the hydrangea covered the fence! That is a very bare area and I am struggling for ideas to dress it up a bit.

Rose said...

Beautiful photos, I really like the detail that shows up. May I ask what kind of camera you are using?
Rose
http://gardeningforhealth.blogspot.com