We are currently under a tornado warning. I just went around the backyard putting stuff away so it wouldn't blow around, then I realized that it wouldn't matter anyway. All of my neighbours' yards are full of junk that will probably blow into my yard if there's a tornado, so why bother?
Seems I made the right decision about putting off the landscaping work. Woke up to a thunderstorm this morning, and now there is a risk of a tornado.
This is a photo I took in June, when I could still see under the elm.
I can't put the buddha statue under there now because the proliferation of new growth obscures everything.
Behind the buddha is one of my favorite plants in the garden (too bad I can't see it any more). It's "Sweet Kate" spiderwort.
It has lovely chartreuse leaves with dark purple flowers. Most spiderwort has leaves that are a sort of bluey-green. I wouldn't like "Sweet Kate" if it weren't for the colour of the leaves.
Just to the left of the buddha, you can see black and white violets that bloomed well in May and June.
Of course in front are some huge hostas (Sieboldiana 'Elegans') that were actually quite tiny last year.
Every day my garden changes. I record the changes photographically, but now I want to keep a journal. This is my journal.
Friday, August 19, 2005
Vindication
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment