Well, the tornado passed to the north of us. Barns were razed and trees uprooted in Fergus, but our southern suburbs were spared.I've been looking at various flower and bulb catalogs lately. I read in another gardening blog that many people refer to these catalogs as "garden pornography." Massively doctored photos and glowing descriptions that make you salivate over the plants depicted. (Anyway, that's as far as I am going with that analogy.)
After ordering from Breck's last year, I have decided to buy my bulbs from the nursery this year. That way I can control when I get them, and if I'm disappointed, I may have some recourse.
A list of blogs by other people who love gardens and gardening:
gardening while intoxicated
gardenhaus
the gallery
backyard nursery
Eventually I will figure out how to put a list of links on this template, or I will redesign this blog with another template that has an area for links. If you can add to the list of garden blogs, please leave me a comment.
2 comments:
I added a link to your blog--it's in my "gardening links."
I haven't really searched for other gardening blogs, though I enjoy reading yours.
However, for some great, well-written gardening books (some with literary content, not just garden geek stuff), check out timberpress.com. Particularly books by Beverley Nichols.
My all-time best "how-to" gardening book has got to be Growing Perennials in Cold Climates by Hike Heger and John Whitman. Tons of useful information in a plant-specific format that's easy to follow.
I will take a look at timberpress. Thanks for the tip. And thanks for the link on your blog, too.
Post a Comment