Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hurry Up and Wait

Well, I was in the middle of unloading groceries from the car this morning when a strange man pulled into my driveway, driving an expensive car and talking on a cell phone. My neighbour who had just pulled into her driveway looked quizzically, and just a bit nervously, over in the direction of the car. I'm sure my expression mirrored hers -- until I noticed the baseball cap on the driver's head. It was the Man with the Plan himself, our landscaper. I didn't recognize him without his big maroon pickup truck.

Unfortunately, he arrived with bad news. Our stone could not be delivered this week after all. He suggested that he could send the guys over to dig up the side and get everything ready to put in the stone on Monday, but my first thought was, "What if it rains?" (I'm sure he and the guys are not worried about a little mud, but I've got enough dirt in my house already without risking any more.)

So we agreed to start the job on Monday when the stone arrives.

No comments: