Tomato Sprouts

Photo belongs to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
I’m a bit frustrated right now, though.
None of my daylily seeds are sprouting yet—though the Hesperaloe (which is called “Pink Texas Yucca” by my friend in New Mexico) and now the tomatoes are sprouting.
I am not insane. I will not try the same thing and hope for a different result. No, now I will try something different. The cold stratification I vowed to do in the fall and didn’t get around to, I will do it now.
Time to see what seeds I have left and what I can do with them.
---
LATER: I have moved some of my containers to the garage (the equivalent of a fridge) which should give them a hint of winter and remind them they need to sprout when I bring them back out into the sunshine. I have also put some of my remaining unplanted seeds in between wet paper towels enclosed in a clear plastic bag. I'll keep my eye on them for the next few weeks and see what happens.
In the meantime, go and check out Alison's blog to see the wonderful sprout she has already got from one of the daylily seeds I sent her last fall.
I have also had an e-mail from my friend in New Mexico (who is very pregnant right now and not blogging much) about the wonderful progress of her garden and the daylilies grown from my seeds that are in their second year now. I am hoping she gets some blooms this year and can post some photos.
And, last but not least, I just took a magnifying glass to my Jiffy planters and much closer inspection reveals that some of the daylily seeds have cracked and are beginning to reveal their innards, so it's only a matter of days before I will be seeing some green daylily sprouts too!
2 comments:
sweet, look at that little thing grow!
Ah give them some more time Karen, I'm sure they'll sprout soon!
Post a Comment