Sunday, March 18, 2007

Daffodils and Rabbit Damage

We still have winter here, as you can see in this photo of my work corner, which is still home to lots of snow and ice.

My Work Corner

The Backyard Work Corner

Here are some photos of rabbit damage that became evident over the past few days.

Weigela in Late February

Rabbit Damage to Weigela

Actually, that first one of the weigela was taken in late February, when the worst of the damage was being done.

Japanese Maple

Rabbit Damage to Japanese Maple

I know the damage was done by rabbits. They chewed several shrubs in my back and front yards, but they left lots of natural fertilizer behind in exchange.

This Is How I Know It's Rabbits

Rascally Rabbits


The good news is that daffodils are sprouting. Hope they do okay in this warm-again-cold-again weather.

Daffodils

Daffodils Sprouting

5 comments:

Alison said...

Such a glorious colour that green. New life is so envigorating!!!

That stinks about the rabbit damage. We don't have such wildlife here.

Anonymous said...

for some strange reason, i don't have any problems with rabbits anymore. i have my dog to thank for everything that i've lost (and will continue to lose, see how optimistic i am!)

Unknown said...

"This is how I know it's rabbits"... ew! Is there any damage that can't be overcome by the plants, or is it too soon to tell yet?

Philosophical Karen said...

BSG, I think they will overcome it. It's quite a setback for the weigela and Japanese maple though.

Anonymous said...

Wohoo I see green in your garden and daffos sprouting!:D