Pink Texas Yucca (Hesperaloe) Sprout

Another View of the Hesperaloe Sprouts

I have taken these photos with the new macro lens that Mr. Wonderful bought with his yearly bonus from work. It is very exciting to get so close up and be able to focus so clearly.
Mr. Wonderful also bought me some tulips bulbs that are sprouting in a wide glass vase. I have taken a photo of one of the buds.
Tulip Bud

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
Edit: I have added the references to "Hesperaloe" after receiving Annie in Austin's comment.
5 comments:
wow, great closeups!!!
it's exciting when you see them sprout like that.
The sprouts look otherworldly when seen at such a close range. Karen, are these Hesperaloe? If so, it makes a tall wandlike stalk with pinkish-red flowers, and is called red yucca in Austin.
I have a young plant here that hasn't bloomed yet - left a mature and blooming Hesperaloe at our last house but never saw those flowers for long because the deer ate them like candy.
I hope yours blooms!
Annie at the Transplantable Rose
Beautiful tulip bulb. Got to get a better camera! What color!
Annie, yes it is Hesperaloe. My friend who sent me the seeds called it Pink Texas Yucca, but when I google that, mostly what comes up is my own blog and Flickr stuff.
These look much warmer he he Love the tulip and it's so good to see sprouts after the winter!
Post a Comment