I guess spring 2007 was a little late, so I didn't have any daffodils on April 20th last year. (The first one opened on April 21st.) In 2006 at this time, the garden was blooming like crazy.
These Easter Bonnet daffodils have been blooming since yesterday. They're already starting to turn "pink" (the colour is really closer to apricot).
Easter Bonnet Daffodils

I had to enhance the contrast a bit to make the flowers stand out from the background. I normally don't like to do much editing (other than cropping) to my garden photos, because I want to represent things as accurately as possible. In this case, however, the flowers were lost without the added contrast.
These are the same two daffodils that have consistently bloomed first since I planted them in 2004. Here is another daffodil that has come back for a couple of years. I am not sure what variety this one is. (It could be 'Palmares', based on photos from 2006.)
Palmares Daffodil

Another bloom I have not seen since 2006 is magnolia buds. I am happy to say that the magnolia will bloom this year, after taking a rest last year.
Magnolia Buds

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.
I am happy the show has finally started. Stay tuned for more as time goes on.
1 comment:
lovely!
i've got nothing in bloom as yet, but lots of things sprouting, it does give one hope.
bsts
Post a Comment