Friday, April 20, 2007

A Proper Spring

The weather is getting warmer but the garden is still so far behind where it was last year. Take a look at last year's post for the 20th of April.

It's depressing really, because other than the same old pansies, vinca, and crocuses, I still have no blooms in my garden, though I am hoping for some daffodils soon -- possibly this weekend or at least early next week.

And even though the weather is finally getting to be sunny and warm during the day, we are still plagued by nasty frost at night.

I suppose this year we finally get the spring weather of my childhood memories. Over the past few years, it has been a case of winter ending one day, then a few days of wet weather near the beginning of April, and then it's warm and sunny until November.

Not this year. We still have a long way to go before it feels like summer.

Blind Ladder

And since I can't do a post without a photo, and since I know that many gardeners are "cat people", here is a photo of my rambunctious kitty. She is good at climbing ladders and thought the window blinds would be good to climb. She got herself stuck near the top though, because she was too scared to climb down. (I rescued her, of course, but I had to take this photo first.)

1 comment:

quu said...

I am cat person too! I do like other animals too, but cats are so funny and they do just those things what they want and owners words don't matter.. :D

You have a very nice blog - I'm waiting to see spring pics..

Have a nice gardening weekend!