Here is one rather unexpected bloom: what should be a late tulip, flowering already.
Tulip, Possibly 'Ballade'

And here is its cousin, another one that just couldn't wait.
An Early Tulip

Now hyacinths you expect to be early bloomers. Mine are just coming into their full scented glory right now. (I should be honest here. I do not like strong scented flowers. But hyacinths don't last long and I am not outside all the time.)
White Hyacinth

Purple Hyacinth

The magnolia buds are starting to bloom. Two years ago we had a frost that damaged the flowers. Last year, the tree didn't bloom at all. This year, because the flowers are emerging so fast, they are small. That doesn't in any way affect their beauty though.
Magnolia Buds and Blossom

Closeup of a Blossom

And of course spring just wouldn't be spring without daffodils.
Daffodils In Bunches

Palmares Daffodil, Close Up

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.
I'm not sure how long the warm weather will last, but the flowers have certainly had a strong start this year because of it. Eh, no complaints here.
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures on your spring garden.
I just love your Magnolia.
We can only have a few here in Sweden, but I try anyway.
Regards Ken
Post a Comment