Thursday, November 02, 2006

Garden Panorama

I found a new photography toy to play with. It is autostitch, a program for "stitching" two or more photos together into one large photo.

When I tried it using four photos of my backyard taken on August 11, I got the following result:

Panoramic Backyard
Photo belongs to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com. If you want to use it, you must credit this web site.

You might want to see a larger version of this to appreciate it fully. [I added this after reading Alison's comment that she couldn't see the "All Sizes" button. I also specified that it would only work if you actually have a Flickr account.]

If you have a Flickr account, you can click on the photo, which takes you to the Flickr page, then click on "All Sizes" at the top of the photo to see a larger version.

(I think this is the way it works. If you have a different experience, please let me know so I can put the correct information here.)

12 comments:

Alison said...

I wasn't given the all sizes option...perhaps I need to have a fliker account. Neat perspective regardless.

Sigruns German Garden said...

Oh, panorama photo! Great!

Sigrun

Jenn said...

That's pretty dang cool!

Anonymous said...

Your stitched photo came out good.
Very interesting, I'll have to try it some day.

David (Snappy) said...

I am trying to find the join.cool picture.I wish my camera had a lense as wide as what i can see when i look.Its impressive.

Anita said...

Yes, I have to try this one day, too. What a nice August view to your garden. And now, we are at the beginning of November, and it's getting so cold today! We had the first snow this morning! Brrrrr.... Welcome winter! ;-((

Philosophical Karen said...

I was surprised at how well it turned out. There are no "seams" as such, but you can see odd curvature. For example, the line of the patio bricks is supposed to be straight and level.

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Hi Karen, I've been lurking on your page for a while just enjoying the work you've put into your garden. But I just had to thank you for alerting me to Autostitch. I tried it with some pictures I had from Greece and it was awesome! I've been wanting to do that for a while but wasn't quite sure how. So cool.

Annie in Austin said...

What a cool technique! Even with that little wave in the bricks, this photo makes your garden look like you're mailing us a postcard, Karen!

Annie

MariaJ said...

Yes this is great. Now we all can have a better view of your garden. Should try this someday too.

Bob said...

I've also used the photo stitch on a few of my pics, its pretty cool the way you can't see the joins. Its a nice picture by the way, your garden looks really neat.

Kerri said...

This came out so well Karen. I've played with photo stitch too and had some fun. I should post a pic. It's amazing what you can do with the digital cameras.
It's nice to see a wide view of your yard. So pretty!