Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Proper Use for Garden Clogs

Would you believe that I sometimes put these shoes on to wander into the garden and, say, dump the countertop kitchen waste into the compost bin?

Rockport Pink Mules

And yet I will never let these shoes touch a blade of grass?

Pink Garden Clogs

They are my house slippers and I wear them indoors only.

13 comments:

Anita said...

Your garden shoes are very nice! I usually wear some of my oldest shoes when I am gardening outside. Thanks a lot for your bird feeder link! I'll think about it.... and let my husband craft the "improvement" ;-))

Diana LaMarre said...

Don't Crocs make wonderful slippers? I washed mine all up nicely with bleach and water and brought them inside last month. Now I use them to run down to the basement.

Those top slippers look pretty new and clean to have been running out to the compost pile!

Kerri said...

I like the sound of the garden clogs...must keep my eyes open for a pair. I wouldn't have thought to use them for slippers, hmmmm.....
Those top shoes are so pretty. They do look too nice to wear out to the compost bin. How funny :)
Karen, I guess you need your own catagory since you don't live in a distant land :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Boxwood Cottage said...

I like both of your pairs of pink shoes Karen, but the first pair really is to beautiful to get them dirty in the wet garden!

Sigruns German Garden said...

For going in the garden I have red plastik garden clogs like yours. Nice house slippers!

Sigrun

Unknown said...

House slippers? I never would have thought of using the plastic clogs for that... are they warm?

Philosophical Karen said...

BSG, for me they are quite warm. And they are roomy, so you can wear them with or without socks.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Well, if it suit you, that'd good! I love both of them but those top ones are really fun for out and about. I have a pair of rubber garden shoes I really wear in the garden when it's wet. Just last night I was thinking about house shoes. I'll check out the gardening section of the store now. Thanks for the idea.

Naturegirl said...

NICE PINK SHOES.. I have turqoise Crocs and they are great for when you are cooking and standing on the ceramic floors.You must head over to a Crocs store and get some embellishments for yours!There is quite a variety..butterflies,ladybugs etc.

Anonymous said...

I love Rockport shoes. I've owned many pairs over the years. They are always stylish and long-wearing. I would NEVER wear these outside...LOL...they're so sharp.

My first visit to your blog. Definitely not my last.

Nice post.

Cheers,
Carol

MariaJ said...

This was fun to know. I can be very much like you...

Melli said...

LOL! That IS funny! I have a blue pair of the bottom ones -- and they go everywhere!

Pamela said...

They are both very cute shoes! Yea, funny, it seems like it would be easier to clean the second pair...I sure see a lot of people wearing those out and about. They must be comfy! :) We are sure habitual people aren't we. lol