Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Just Gardening

Although yesterday was dull and rainy all day, today has emerged bright and sunny. So sunny in fact that it is uncomfortably hot out in the sun. So much for cooler weather. We are suffering from shorter days -- it's still dark at 6:00 in the morning, and evening comes more quickly now -- but for now, the air is still warm.

I am reluctant to plant my mums in the cast iron urns where they will get fried in the sun. I don't know. It's a difficult call. I'd like to move them around to the side of the garage, where they would get partial shade, but they are heavy. So, like much of my front gardening this year, it is all half-measures. Good intentions not carried through.

I was out there today, though, tidying the front garden and planters.

Gardening September 27

No comments: