Monday, September 26, 2005

Coleus Cuttings

A couple of nights ago it went down to less than 10 degrees Celsius (about 50 degrees Fahrenheit). It reminded me that frost could sneak up on us anytime soon, so I decided to take cuttings from my coleus plants while the cutting is good. I was also able to get a few cuttings from my mom's plants while I was over at her place today.

Coleus 1
Coleus 2

So now I have seven or eight varieties of coleus cuttings on a table by my dining room window. As you can see, the coleus is sharing space with some of my glass collection.

Also, because it is fall, I broke down and bought some pots of mums at the grocery store. I would have planted them in the urns today, but it rained so much I never got a chance.

fall mums

As I was outside taking pictures of the potted mums, I noticed a monarch butterfly (where else?) on the butterfly bush. I snapped a quick picture, but realized I hadn't set the camera to macro. By the time I set it all up for a second picture, the wind had changed and the butterfly flew away. Luckily, the one picture I did get wasn't so bad.

monarch on butterfly bush

No comments: