Stoplight

Africa is one of my darkest daylilies, with more of a reddish base than a purple one. This year it's not bad, but last year it was spectacular.
Africa

Nile Crane's ethereal colours (like watercolour) are enhanced by an otherworldly glow today that I attempted to capture with my camera. I'm not sure this photo does it justice.
Nile Crane

Here is a definitive example of Scatterbrain, a daylily whose stamens are attached to its petals.
Scatterbrain

And here's a couple of little Catherine Woodbury, probably the last ones of this summer. Or maybe ever, from this plant, as it gets weaker and stragglier every year.
Catherine Woodbury

And finally, some echinacea, which is also blooming right now, and looking good in spite of the long drought we've been enduring through most of July (broken by a rainstorm yesterday, thank goodness).
Echinacea

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
3 comments:
Your images of daylilies continue to amaze me, Karen. I had no idea there were so many varieties and names. That Scatterbrain one sure takes the cake!
Gosh those are amazing, such beautiful colors.
Karen, our July weather was just like yours - much too dry.
Today the creek below our house is flooding the road, causing it to be one of the many roads closed around the area from heavy rain that has fallen continually all day. Miserable weather!
The road flooded on Sunday, Aug. 28th as well, when Irene blew through. Today's rain has been much worse though.
Your daylilies are gorgeous, as usual. Mine did well too, in spite of the drought.
I love the spiderforms. My Ladyfingers did very well this summer.
Nile Crane's colors really are beautiful.
One of my Catherine Woodburys didn't do well...no blooms at all, but the others were lovely.
I hope you're not suffering flooding from this latest storm.
Post a Comment