I have quite a large and varied selection, though the urge to add more has been fading lately. Not so the urge to see the ones that I have start blooming.
Today as the first week of July draws to a close, two daylilies in my garden had their first blooms, Barbara Mitchell and Grecian Gown.
Poor old 'Barbara Mitchell'. The flowers are wonderfully fragrant still, but this plant has seen better days. It did not even bloom at all last year, so I am glad to see the one scape this year, as that represents an improvement -- even though that scape is not self-supporting (not a good sign).
'Barbara Mitchell'

This is slightly early for 'Grecian Gown', as it usually has its first bloom sometime during the second week of July. (Except for last year, of course, when everything in the garden was two weeks early across the board.)
'Grecian Gown'

I am really loving the performance of this new camera. It takes way better pictures, far faster, than with any previous camera I've had access to. I'm not even tempted to tweak the photos in post-processing, as I am with most other cameras I have used on this blog (with the possible exception of the Sony point and shoot I had way back when -- but that was also before I had photo editing software to work with, so it's kind of a chicken-and-egg thing).
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.
1 comment:
Luscious, Karen. These are the images I want to see on Shutterchance!
Post a Comment