Monday, August 03, 2009

Robins

We've had some young robins (or maybe it's the same one?) hanging around the house and garden for the past couple of days. Thought you might like to see some photos.

Young Robin on the Birdbath

Robin on Birdbath
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Robins Resting Near Buddha

Robins Resting Near Buddha
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And this one spent some time on our porch railing.

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

A lot of time.

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

4 comments:

Gardenista said...

We had two nests (that I knew of) of robins in our yard this year. All the little ones are grown and gone now. I see your birds are going to make you clean up after them! I still marvel at the pretty blue eggs they lay.

Kerri said...

Such sweet pictures, Karen. I love the robins, especially their cheerful song. We had a pair build a nest in the shed where my hubby parks his truck, but between Sheba (who is the "great hunter" barn cat) sitting on top of the truck and staring, and the starlings harrassing them, the poor things abandoned the nest after laying 3 beautiful blue eggs. How sad. But it was a bad choice of location. Not safe at all.
I meant to post about it, but didn't find the time. Maybe I still will.

Kerri said...

I meant to ask: Which white lily is this? The foliage on your lilies looks really good. Some of mine yellow more than others. Do you find that?
Those birdies can be very messy :(

Philosophical Karen said...

That white daylily is 'Joan Senior', one that you have in your garden too. Most of my whites are very "white" (cream), usually with yellowish/greenish throats. I find the camera often picks up more yellow than I would see in natural light.