Saturday, August 01, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait

Well, the "new" blooms are sort of slowing down now, since we are getting into the late part of the daylily season. But I have a few from the last couple of days I can show you.

On July 29, there was Grand Masterpiece and Trahlyta. I only had time to rush around the garden with my iPhone to try and get some photos, since I was very busy that day.

Grand Masterpiece

'Grand Masterpiece' First Bloom 29/07/09
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Trahlyta

'Trahlyta' First Bloom 29/07/09
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Also, on July 29 it rained most of the day, and that's not great for a lot of the more tender daylilies. However, the rain does bring out the dark colouring in purple daylilies, so Darkside looked great.

Another 'Darkside'

Darkside
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And the overall view of the backyard daylily bed didn't suffer at all.

Daylily Bed after Rain

Daylily Bed After Rain 29/07/09
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

July 30 was great weather, sunny and bright, a gorgeous day for a beautiful first bloom from Catherine Woodbury. I was able to get out with my camera and capture some better photos.

Catherine Woodbury

'Catherine Woodbury' First Bloom 30/07/09
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Luckily, after an appalling first bloom from Night Beacon, I was able to get a photo of a better second bloom.

'Night Beacon' Second Bloom

A Better 'Night Beacon'
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Of course "better" is a relative term. Then not far away I found that Black-Eyed Susan had bloomed with two polytepalous flowers, so I recorded that.

Two Polytepalous 'Black-Eyed Susan'

Two Polytepalous 'Black-Eyed Susan'
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

And finally, purple coneflower (Echinacea) is just coming into its glory. Here is a very, very tall one. I'm pretty sure it's 'Magnus' (which would make sense).

Echinacea 'Magnus'

Echinacea
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

No comments: