There are some little surprises in my garden. I planted a lot of daffodil bulbs, but what is growing looks nothing like what I expected. I have some daffodils that look like yellow dandelions. I know I did not buy any bulbs that looked like that. Because... I wouldn't. Spend money. On flowers that look like dandelions. You know?
Anyway, here are the photos of how spring looks in my garden.
Some Daffodils Waiting to Bloom

Strange Daffodils I Don't Remember Buying

'Pink Charm' Daffodil

Hybrid Daffodil Under Elm

Pretty Vinca (Periwinkle)

Purple Hyacinth

This Tulip Will Flower Soon

I've also spent some money already on my favourite ruffled pansies. They are called "Flamenco" and they have a delicate scent, which makes me love them all the more. I have to figure out where I will put them, though. Probably in a planter at the front of the house.
Flamenco Ruffled Pansies

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without attribution.
6 comments:
wow, you've already got so much in bloom. i haven't even bought pansies yet, but there is a huge sale on the forced bulbs at my grocery store this weekend, so i'll be adding some "cheater colour" to my beds until i have some blooms popping through.
Even thought we're so far apart geographically, Karen, I also had 'Pink Charm' daffodils this spring. Yours are more likely to return next spring.
I love the photo where the daffodil bid still looks like it's wrapped in 'paper'
Annie
Hi Karen, the purple Hyazinth is lovely. Now we can work in the garden again, and I think, you are very happy about this?
Sigrun
Those daffodils you don't remember planting are 'Rip van Winkle'. I have some for the first time this year, too, but I planted them on purpose. LOL.
I'm enjoying your blog very much!
Beautiful flowers.Love the Flamenco pansys, they are very spanish dancer, with swirling skirts!I love daffodils :)
Ruffled pansies? Who knew! Looks quite charming in your garden.
Post a Comment