You have snow, I am in Northern California it's been like summer over here. It has been an odd year for weather. Love the lay out of your backyard by the way.
Snow here, too... I feel so sorry for those poor robins since they can't dig for anything in this stuff. I put out some fruit for them this morning and it was gone by the time I got home, but I have no idea "who" actually ate it.
I also feel sorry for me... that my backyard, covered with snow, doesn't look half as beautiful as yours does. :)
We have just started snowing here....fabulous easter we shall have. My daylilies are just starting to show themselves so hopefully they will be alright....
i'm not really enjoying this weather, i had hoped to do another road trip with you in april at the gardening centre, but not if this keeps up, it's going to have to be may. it's going to be a very late spring.
Well I am in Sault Ste. Marie and my yard looks about the same! Hmmmm, you should have none and we should have more. They say climate change is a myth. HA! You have a great blog. Stop by and visit mine sometime, I'm just getting started and could use the feedback! Chin up the snow will soon be gone!
We've had a week of cold and snow too, the most on the ground being Easter Sunday morning...only about an inch, and mostly gone by noon. The flurries and cold winds are keeping the temps miserable! The robin photo is especially beautiful. I wish it would warm up, if only for the poor cold little birds and animals! Happy spring to you Karen. May it feel like spring SOON!
I guess that robin was too cold to fly away. I could never get that close to one. The robins have had a tough time this year with frozen and snow/ice covered ground. There are not much in the way of berries or other fruit either so I wonder what they eat? Maybe just tough it out? They seemed to have arrived about 2 months too early although we do have resident robins that don't migrate anymore.
16 comments:
yeah, me too, it's officially winter again.
actually we had hardly any snow this year, so i guess winter is just starting
You have snow, I am in Northern California it's been like summer over here. It has been an odd year for weather.
Love the lay out of your backyard by the way.
The snow is down our way too! Although we don't have as much as you do. But it sure was cold and windy and snowy today.
Snow here, too... I feel so sorry for those poor robins since they can't dig for anything in this stuff. I put out some fruit for them this morning and it was gone by the time I got home, but I have no idea "who" actually ate it.
I also feel sorry for me... that my backyard, covered with snow, doesn't look half as beautiful as yours does. :)
Great robin picture; talk about bummed!
don
It might not be unprecedented, but it sure must be tiresome for you, Karen. I hope everything is okay when the snow melts.
Annie at the Transplantable Rose
What a great picture! And the robin can see his shadow. Do you think that means anything?
We have just started snowing here....fabulous easter we shall have. My daylilies are just starting to show themselves so hopefully they will be alright....
Looks like you got quite a bit of snow. We got a dusting of it. It froze last night and it will tonight too. Great photo's!
It's just not fair, is it?
That bird looks cold, the pictures are beautiful but you must be sick of it by now
i'm not really enjoying this weather, i had hoped to do another road trip with you in april at the gardening centre, but not if this keeps up, it's going to have to be may. it's going to be a very late spring.
Well I am in Sault Ste. Marie and my yard looks about the same! Hmmmm, you should have none and we should have more. They say climate change is a myth. HA! You have a great blog. Stop by and visit mine sometime, I'm just getting started and could use the feedback! Chin up the snow will soon be gone!
We've had a week of cold and snow too, the most on the ground being Easter Sunday morning...only about an inch, and mostly gone by noon. The flurries and cold winds are keeping the temps miserable! The robin photo is especially beautiful. I wish it would warm up, if only for the poor cold little birds and animals!
Happy spring to you Karen. May it feel like spring SOON!
I guess that robin was too cold to fly away. I could never get that close to one. The robins have had a tough time this year with frozen and snow/ice covered ground. There are not much in the way of berries or other fruit either so I wonder what they eat? Maybe just tough it out? They seemed to have arrived about 2 months too early although we do have resident robins that don't migrate anymore.
Great photography. I love the Robin picture
Post a Comment