It took me a while, but I realized part of my sadness was the feeling that I couldn't do anything in the garden. The garden is what renews me. So, as soon as the rain abated, I grabbed my camera and took some pictures. And that led naturally to choosing to post the lyrics to one of my childhood favourites. Hearing this song never fails to give me hope. If I could play the piano, I would want to learn to play this song.
So here it is, a spiritual mini-journey of sorts. Thanks, Dan.




Morning Has Broken
As sung by Cat Stevens
lyrics by Eleanor Farjeon
Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word
Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass
Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day
1 comment:
Dan, believe it or not that is just a close-up shot of the tip of a pine branch. Thanks for the compliment on my pictures. That means a lot to me.
Post a Comment