Sunday, October 09, 2005

Rage, Garden

My idea for the winter is to create posts with poems and maybe take the opportunity to showcase some garden photos that I haven't put up before. Something like this ripe seedpod, dying, yet swollen with the potential for new life.

ripe seedpod
The plan was to have poems with a garden theme, or at least a natural or pastoral theme, but I'm not sure Dylan Thomas's Do not Go Gentle into that Good Night qualifies. I've actually chosen it as a poem for October (personified), because of its references to "the dying of the light."

In my opinion, this Sweet Kate spiderwort continues to lead the charge against the dying of the light.

Sweet Kate in October
And here are some more pictures of my garden, as it lies dying on the ninth day of October, two thousand and five.

view through my patio door screenarbour benchnearly denuded red maple

No comments: