Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Irises

Yeah, I know. How could I say that, what I said in a previous post about irises not doing well in my garden? Look what I came upon in the early hours of this morning.

'Lullaby of Spring'

'Lullaby of Spring'

Unknown (possibly 'Supreme Sultan'?)

Unknown Iris

And I even have one more that will bloom soon, a very dark, almost black, one called 'Before the Storm'.

'Before the Storm'

'Before the Storm' -- Waiting

Oh, and here is one more reason to dislike chain link fences (as I mentioned in a previous post).

Chain Link Problem -- Iris Stem Grows Through to Other Side

Chain Link -- Ugh!

Certain plants, like irises, easily poke through when they are still small, but cannot be pulled back to the correct side once they have grown. (The leaves and roots of this plant are on my side of the fence, where they belong.)

Grrr.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Garden Lily said...

Beautiful irises! I once saw a tree with a good sized (maybe 12") trunk which had grown right through a chain link fence, from one side to the other. Pretty funky.