Sunday, June 12, 2011

Five Zero Zero

Other than the fact that this is my 500th post on this blog, there is nothing special going on. The news is all still irises and poppies.

I am still waiting for the dark, dark iris called 'Before the Storm'.

Before the Storm

Before the Storm - Still Waiting

The 'Allegro' poppy is finally showing white on the edges, and it has been joined in the bed by a neighbouring bloom.

'Allegro' and Friend

Allegro and Friend

Allegro even looks pretty from the back side these days, so I thought I'd take a photo of that. (Or maybe I'm just running out of unique angles to take photos of poppies from.)

'Allegro' Backside

Allegro Backside

'Turkenlouis', a rich deep red poppy that I can't ever hope to do justice to with my camera, bloomed today as well.

Looking Down on 'Turkenlouis'

Turkenlouis

'Turkenlouis' from the Side

Turkenlouis

When this poppy popped, it left pieces of itself in the vicinity.

Poppy Pieces

Ant Ivy Poppy

And in case anyone thinks this is the last poppy post for the year, I'm afraid it's not true. There are still more new blooms waiting to appear.

Poppy Bud

Not Quite Yet

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

Congratulations on 500. That's a great milestone, Karen!

All you flower images are inspiring me, since I don't often choose them as my subject matter. Hmmm. Maybe I need to do something about that!