Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Time is Fleeting

Spring passes quickly, but if it didn't we wouldn't appreciate it as much.

Magnolia in Bloom

Magnolia Blossoms
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Although the magnolia is in full bloom and still looks beautiful, signs of change are evident.

Signs of Change

Magnolia on the Wane
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Petals are falling.

Fallen Petals

Spring Is Fleeting
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

In the backyard, the leaves are emerging on the maple tree, and soon it will be out in full leaf.

Emerging Maple Leaves

Emerging Maple Leaves
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Tulips and daffodils co-exist, while the hyacinths are dying back. Columbine (Aquilegia) is starting to get buds.

Daffodil and Tulip

Tulip and Daffodil
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Different Daffodils

Daffodils
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

White Daffodil, Possibly Mount Hood

Lonely Daffodil
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

You might start sensing a theme in my garden. I like purple and white.

White Tulips

White Tulips, Closed for the Evening
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

I call this my "prosaic garden shot" because the tulips are looking a bit bedraggled. I am not sure what went through the garden munching on tulip leaves, but it certainly left some of the tulips a little worse for wear.

Tulips a Little Worse for Wear

Prosaic Garden Shot
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

These pretty tulips emerging from the periwinkle are a bit more poetic.

"Poetic" Tulips and Periwinkle

Tulips and Vinca (Periwinkle)
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

Well, there is a lot more to look at and anticipate in the garden, but I will wait a while yet until it changes again with the passage of time.
...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blooms are beautiful! I found slugs all over my tulips yesterday, hmmm!

Ginnie Hart said...

OMG, Karen. These images are GORGEOUS! The second I finish this comment, I am adding this site to my Google Reader, so I don't miss it. Wow. You go, Girl!