Thursday, May 19, 2011

Bouquet

These orange tulips that come up in my garden ruin my purple, pink, and white colour scheme. I swear they were a mislabelled batch of bulbs I picked up from somewhere, because I would never have willingly planted orange tulips in my carefully crafted garden. Anyway, they are still beautiful flowers, so I usually cut them as soon as they bloom and have a nice display in my kitchen for a few days.


...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Ginnie Hart said...

HAHAHA! Little do you remember that it's the Dutch color: orange. So I will accept these as a gift from you to me. :D

Philosophical Karen said...

Ginnie, I have a small orange vase that was designed by Andries Copier for the birth of Princess Beatrix in 1938. I know that the orange colour was for patriotic reasons. So I guess I have known for a while that orange is the Dutch colour -- I just never thought about it in quite that way before, but I'm glad we can both enjoy the tulips (now that they are out of my garden).