Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Tra-la-la Trahlyta (and True Blue Heart)

We did indeed pay another visit to Betty and her garden today. We exchanged 'Apollo's Chariot' for 'Executive Decision'. I had also pre-ordered the 'Blue Mouse Ears' hosta and 'Postman's Pride' Sedum. Unfortunately I only got one stalk of the sedum -- I guess Betty is a little bit short of it. I feel like I must baby it and guard it carefully until it proliferates. I should try and find another source for it, but I've never seen it anywhere else.

Of course we could not leave without shopping for daylilies again. This time I discovered how to figure out the price of the daylily before taking it to the cash, so I was able to pick up a couple of reasonably priced ones.

'Trahlyta' has been on my wish list for a while. I'm glad I found it. This photo was taken at the end of the day when heat had taken its toll on the flower. Earlier in the day the colour was not so muddy.

Trahlyta

Trahlyta (New Purchase)

And I found this 'True Blue Heart'. I guess there are trends in daylilies, and lavender-blue eyes were a desirable trait for a while. Still desirable to me! I really like this one.

True Blue Heart (New Purchase)
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.

It's supposed to have lavender petals rather than cream, but still. I love the eye.

2 comments:

FO - 2 said...

Tra - la -la......
I beleive you are walking around in the garden. Singing.
Content.
Happy with your new Daylilies.
Enjoy the sight.
They are beautiful! :)
Hugs - Ida.

MariaJ said...

and Ooo-la-laa! Haa, soon YOU´ll have 3000 different sort of daylilies....These are very beautiful too and I can imagine your feeling when you find something you have search for a long time. (I had that feeling yesterday when I got Geranium Hocus Pocus) Lucky you too!