- August Moon (x2)
- So Sweet
- Paradise Power
- Night Before Christmas
- Bitsy Gold
- Stiletto
- Blue Cadet
Patriot, Red October, and Blue Cadet
(The Military Collection?)

Stiletto, Blue Mouse Ears, and Bitsy Gold
(The Miniature Collection)

Stiletto Close Up

Then there’s the cranesbill that I finally planted, plus a new one I got this weekend:
- Mourning Widow Cranesbill (Geranium phaeum ‘Samobor’) NEW
- Spotted Cranesbill (Geranium maculatum ‘Elizabeth Ann’)
- Meadow Cranesbill (Geranium pratense ‘Mrs. Kendall Clark’)
I got three new heuchera on the weekend (well, technically one is a heucherella, which upset me a bit when I discovered it -- I usually avoid heucherellas because they are more delicate than heuchera and don’t have a good survival rate in my garden). Anyway, the heucherella is ‘Burnished Bronze’. The two new heuchera are ‘Dolce Licorice’ and ‘Purple Petticoats’. They are dark ones that I planted in the front garden where I don’t have a lot of shade. While we are on the subject of heuchera, I moved ‘Beauty Colour’ from the side garden to the back.
By now you will have noticed that this post is not really for my readers. It is for myself, so that I can keep track of my planting marathon and remember what I’ve done. I don't have photos of all these plants, so I will fill in with other photos of hostas and heuchera.
Hosta and Heuchera

Fairy Girl Between Two Heuchera

Just An Ordinary White-Margined Hosta
(Hosta fortunei 'Albo-marginata')

Paradise Power (An Improved Version of 'Sun Power')

'Sun Power' Hosta and 'Purple Petticoats' Heuchera

Finally, I planted five Woolly Thyme plants on the back slope where they do amazingly well and form a lovely carpet-like covering that spreads over the mulch. I also planted a Beard-Tongue (Penstemon digitalis ‘Husker Red’) and all my remaining unplanted daylilies in the front garden. Meanwhile, as I was planting, my wonderful husband was remulching the many areas that needed it after all that planting.
Black Mulch in the Side Garden

New Mulch in the Northeast Corner

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.
Now it's all done and I can go on my vacation without worrying about the relatives from Germany who will be taking a little tour of our garden (escorted by my mother-in-law) while we are away.
13 comments:
This post may have been for you, but I enjoyed following along as well. :) Hope you enjoy your vacation! (I don't doubt that your relatives from Germany will enjoy their tour of your beautiful garden while you are gone.)
Oh that's too bad you won't be there to show the relatives your garden.
You sure did a stroke of work and planted some lovely things. How nice to have your husband's help with the mulching.
I particularly like the Purple Petticoats Heuchera. They pair well with hostas.
Your fairy girl is so beautiful.
Have a wonderful vacation!
I am loving the contrast of the black background with the green of the hostas! It's stunning! You ahve been very busy. Me not so much.
Enjoy your vacation!
You certainly did a good bit of work before you left on vacation! I love the different Hostas that you planted along with the Heuchera. Interestingly, I have a much better survival rate for Heucherellas here than with some of the Heuchera I have tried. That is strange.
I hope you have a lovely holiday and that your German relatives have a great time enjoying your garden!
Purple Petticoats Heuchera, VOW, VOW I adoooooore it. Have to add it to my note book, definetly! Haa...and you got a fairy girl here, how nice. (I remember your not so fond of decorations). You got a lovely post!
Karen, millitary Collection sounds great! :-)
I love your hostas, they all look healthy. And you have free place in the borders!
Sigrun
I just discovered your blog. You have a lovely garden and beautiful photos.
It look like you have been very busy lately. I look forward to seeing these hostas next year after they have had their feet in the ground for a while. I love the shot of the hosta and heuchera, It's one of my favourite combos.
Happy gardening, BOB
Karen,
You make me green with envy, I like hostas, but it is too hot here (South of France) for them, and there are the snails too... So your pictures are a real eyecandy!
Thanks for sharing
vero
.. hopefully your garden never will "enjoy" hosta virus, because my hosta collection is ruined, because of that virus. I have killed over twenty hostas and so many pretty ones. I had to promise not ever buy new hosta.
Specially 'Stiletto' is one of those, that carries virus, so look closer it's leafs.
So little know about the virus.. and so many are in love with hostas.
I'm so jealous of your beautifully mulched beds. Bet the relatives will be too!
Hi Karen,
I hope you are having a great vacation.
I enjoyed the tour. I love hostas and you are getting such a nice variety.
I didn't realize how many varieties of hostas are out there. Thanks for sharing!
Rose
http://gardeningforhealth.blogspot.com
Post a Comment