Sunday, August 12, 2007

In My Garden Today

Four 'Light Years Away' blooming on one scape. As I've said before, a high bud count can be good and bad. This almost looks like a bride's bouquet. Tomorrow, though, it's all going to be one big squishy mess.

Four 'Light Years Away'

Four 'Light Years Away'

Three late-blooming daylilies in close proximity. I've already shown 'Darkside' and 'Kwanso' together. Now add 'Royal Palace Prince' to the mix.

Three Different Daylilies

Three Late-Flowering Daylilies

And a green worm gorging on some parsley.

Green Worm and Garden Ornament

Green Worm
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.

11 comments:

Ki said...

A lovely trio of daylilies. I probably should like the ruffles on the Light Years away but...it's almost too much ornamentation for me. How fortunate, I think that's a Swallowtail butterfly caterpillar on your parsley.

Gardenista said...

I really like the caterpillar picture! I've not had any of those pretty caterpillars here, then again, we don't have any swallowtail butterflies!

I only wish I could go daylily shopping like you do - rather than mail ordering and being (unpleasantly) suprised a year later.

kate said...

'Royal Palace Prince' is really beautiful. It's amazing how all of the 'Light years away' are smooshed together. Your daylilies are beautiful.

The caterpillar picture is amazing -

Kerri said...

It's interesting to note the characteristics of each lily, e.g. the bud count, etc.
Light Years Away has a beautiful combination of colours. The four blooms together would make a lovely bride's bouquet (for a short time!)
The three are pretty together. All 3 are gorgeous. Darkside looks very much like my Strutter's Ball.
You didn't happen to see any mole holes near Mariska, did you? I wonder what her problem could be.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely blooms. Thanks for sharing these images!

MariaJ said...

I like your daylilies more and more...your last pic with the Buddha is just super!

Ginnie Hart said...

So you ARE still blogging on Blogger, Karen! Why did I think you had stopped? Or was that another blog?!

Diana LaMarre said...

That does look like a bride's bouquet. So pretty!

Naturegirl said...

Karen that's a swallow tail filling up on your parsely..soon to be a beaty with wings dancing around your Zen garden!
It knew exactly where to grow..peacefull! Watch it every day you will be amazed at how big and fat it gets and yes it will chew down the parley leaves...but that is ~the offering~ you have to make next to Budda.
So happy for you!! hugs NG

Naturegirl said...

oops..I meant to type BEAUTY with wings! NG

Philosophical Karen said...

Naturegirl, I wish that were true, but since I took the photo, some hungry bird has made a meal of that caterpillar. :(