Saturday, June 09, 2007

Purple Poppy and Planter Project

Today was a busy day, with lots of projects getting done. The main one of mine was finally planting my new IKEA pot. When I finished I had to shuffle some of the other pots around to display everything to advantage. Anyway, here is what the planter looks like now.

IKEA Planter with Geraniums and Coleus

IKEA Planter

Here is a bit of a close-up from above.

IKEA Planter from Above

IKEA Planter from Above

I was a bit worried that my purple poppy (it's a light purple poppy, must be a cross between a white one and a dark purple) wouldn't bloom, since I was gifted with 'Turkenlouis' this year. I sometimes get the feeling they are in collusion, these poppies, over which ones will deign to bloom for me. I am glad to be proven wrong in this case. So here are a couple of "interpretations" of this poppy. It's the best I could do, since the stems on most of my poppies this year are all twisted.

Purple Poppy Front

Purple Poppy

Purple Poppy Back

Purple Poppy Back
Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.

6 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Great photos Karen! That camera is amazing!hugs NG

Sigrun said...

Hi Karen, the Poppy backs are lovely. Your Pelargoniums looks healthy, they need not so much water. I have bought me one with the smell of apples.

Sigrun

Boxwood Cottage said...

Love that purple poppy! I've bought one like this too called "Patty's Plum" but it came out orange-reddish grrrr

Kerri said...

The purple poppy is gorgeous, and so is the color of that pink geranium, especially against the dark coleus.
Your planters looking lovely.

Anonymous said...

that planter looks great!
i'm actually off to ikea tomorrow:)
i saw something on a gardening show last week that said if you brush yogurt on the outside of a clay pot, place it in a cool dark corner of your yard, moss with grow on it with a month or so...so, i'm planning on picking up a clay pot from ikea and giving it a try, hoping that my dog doesn't go and lick off all of the yogurt. wish me luck!
bsts

David (Snappy) said...

I love the Ikea pot and the purple poppy.It looks a little more solid than our common red ones growing on wasteland and roadside verges (and an unused farmers field which was a sea of bobbing poppys.Like in Flanders field again).