Blue Delphinium

I wanted the dwarf ones called 'Blue Butterfly', and I had snapped up a rather sickly one at the end-of-season sell-off last year. However, a few things I planted at that time haven't come back this year. I'm afraid the dwarf larkspur was one of those.
This little honeysuckle made it through okay, though, without being attacked by aphids like its larger, showier cousins. This variety is called 'Honey Baby'.
'Honey Baby' Honeysuckle

The Jacob's Ladder I got last year from another person's garden (she had pulled it out and left it with the rootball exposed for a while, but I thought it still looked healthy and I guess I was right) turned out to be a white one, which makes it probably Polemonium caeruleum 'Album'.
White Polemonium (with Red Columbine)

The dahlias are blooming, so now my third container is starting to look like something.
Dahlias and Pink Happy Thoughts

With Blackswamp Girl in mind, I took a photo of my Salvia lyrata 'Purple Knockout'. Just by way of comparision, I'd never dream of cutting the flower stalks, even though they don't look like much. Not that I don't sympathize with the urge. For me, though, they need those stalks to hold their own in my garden with the heuchera and 'Tequila Sunrise' coreopsis.
'Purple Knockout' Sage

A Longer View

And now it will just be mostly pictures that I've taken since I posted last.
Hosta 'Sun Power' (Likes the Sun, Obviously)

Stachys and Buddha

Echeveria Elegans Flowers

Ruffled Pansies (A Happy Escape from Hungry Rabbits)

'Hollywood' Heuchera

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.
Well, that's it for now. Hope you all had a great weekend and I wish you great garden weather for the next week.
14 comments:
Your gardens look stunning. Great shots!
Good Growing!
If i could, i would visit you in your lovely garden! (-: It is stunning, as Curtis said!
I once had a delphinium just like yours. One year it just didn't come back. Your picture reminded me of just how beautiful the plant is. Maybe I should try again. I also love the echeveria. I've got two growing in a container but the squirrels have caused some severe damage. Any advice on keeping the squirrels at bay? You have a lovely garden. I always look forward to your latest posting.
Cheers.
Irena
Your garden looks lovely. I've had success growing blue butterfly delphinium from seed, you might want to try it!
Thanks karen for the quick response on the squirrel advice. i'm off to look for a giant feeder soon.
Irena
Hi Karen,
Your garden is looking so nice as does your container.
I noticed my containers at work seem to have taken off over the weekend. It seems like it's slow going this year.
Speaking of containers, I must go water those on my deck.
Have a great Monday evening!
Hi Karen,I love the Blue Delphiniums.They look shimmery like sea water!The hosta photo is priceless too.Sun power.Did you see the Daylily i posted for you in the scented garden?
Your containers look great.glad your pansys escaped the rabbits.
Great pictures. I wish I could keep pansies a little longer, between rabbits and my forgetting to water pots, they go all too soon.
I'm always again fascinaited to see your stones in the garden! They are so big!
The yellow Hosta is wonderful, most of them like the sun.
Sigrun
Stunning plant combos! I especially like the Echeveria Elegans. Very pretty!
By the way... I must say that I have never seen the flowering varieties of lamb's ears used so elegantly as you use them in your garden.
Wow, what stunning plant combos in your photos! The delphinium even looks iridescent somehow. Does eschevaria overwinter where you are?
Karen, I agree with Blackswamp Girl about the placement of your lamb's ears. It kind of elevates them to a new level!
Karen I love all the images that you posted! You certainly have a variety of blosoms in your wonderful garden!I love your budda area!That blue delephinium my favorite!I also planted the dwarf..growing so slowly though.
Happy summer hugs NG
Post a Comment