Thursday, August 05, 2010

August Musings

I was playing with a collage program and decided to use images of daylilies that I'd cropped into a square shape.

Daylily Collage

Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

There are still a (very) few daylilies with buds remaining, but mostly I've been cutting back scapes for the last little while.

Like Blackswamp Girl, I was surprised to see the Japanese anemone with flowers open already at the end of July. It's supposed to be one of the late bloomers in the garden.

Oh well, at least the turtleheads (Chelone lyonii 'Hot Lips') don't even have buds yet. In 2006, the year I planted them, they still had flowers at the beginning of October.

Turtleheads (Chelone lyonii 'Hot Lips'), October 1, 2006

New Flowers (What Are They?)
Philosophical Karen © all rights reserved

...
Copyright © all rights reserved. All text and images in this post belong to 1-2-3 Go Garden! at kbgardenblog.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Your collage is beautiful. You have some really gorgeous lilies there. Sad to see them end, wasn't it? I still had a few Summer Wine blooms for August's Bloom Day. That one does so well for me. It just blooms and blooms.
I love your new background. Such a refreshing green!
I haven't planted turtleheads. They sure are pretty.
I'm loving the annual Asters I planted in the lily garden. They look great with Cleome and the other annuals (nicotiana, zinnias and more)that are providing lovely color at the moment. The Agastache has bloomed for ages and the bees love it!
Are you getting the hot temps this week? Makes it hard to garden! But I'll take hot over cold any day!