'Bicolor Pixie' Asiatic Lily

Here is an ordinary albo-marginata hosta that is starting to flower in the front garden.
Albo-marginata Hosta

Still sticking to the front, here is what the 'Burgundy' blanket flower looks like today. It's starting to get yellow in its petals. (I like how some of the petals look like they are cursing you with a raised index and baby finger salute. At least, I was taught that it's a curse. It might have other meanings too.)
'Burgundy' Blanket Flower

As I said, it was raining, so here is a picture of some pretty pink flowers still sporting little raindrops. These flowers live in the tall urn container by my front door.
Pink Flowers in Container

And even though I haven't seen any frogs for a while, the backyard garden is not devoid of creatures. Here is a little snail waking up in the morning.
Snail in the Morning Light

Photos belong to kbgardenblog.blogspot.com and may not be used without permission.
6 comments:
Karen, your flowers are lovely. I am so fond of the Asiatic lilies. And hostas blooming already-mine are just barely getting scapes. Good catch of that little snail, does he eat your plants though?
gorgeous!
we're having the same weather here as well, it makes for some lush plants but my hosta are not even close to blooming.
i hope mr. snake didn't meet your frogs!
The lily is lovely, with similar colouring to my 'Lollipop'.
The blanket flower is cute with its curled petals :)
We've had storms too and I've been continually moving some tender plants under cover.
That's a very pretty snail and a great photo. I'm sure he'll thank you for the lovely portrait by eating your plants :)
I hope your enthusiasm returns soon. It's been cool here too for the most part. I'm ready for more warmth!
Karen thes images are simply breathtaking! My lilies have not yet blossomed..but I'm still enjoying the peonies! Have a wonderful long weekend in your garden! :)NG
What a great photo of the snails! I remember loving them as a kid, and having many snail "pets". But lately I've been tossing them into the ravine without much regard. I guess the novelty has worn off, I far much too many in my garden this year. Your photo makes me want to admire them again for a moment before I toss them.
AWESOME!
Post a Comment